This is an accordion element with a series of buttons that open and close related content panels.
2021-22 ACADEMIC YEAR PROGRAM
August 20, 2021-August 19, 2022
School Closed: In-service training and Set-up time for CDL staff.
|August 23 & 24, 2021|
|Virtual Open House: All currently enrolled families from 4:00-5:00 p.m.||August 24, 2021|
|First Day of 2020-2021 academic yr. for children||August 25, 2021|
|School Closed: Legal Holiday-Labor Day||September 6, 2021|
|School Closed: Legal Holiday-Thanksgiving Day||November 25, 2021|
|School Closed: Conference preparation day for teachers||November 26, 2021|
|School Closed: (2 weeks) Winter Recess Including legal holidays: Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, New Year’s Eve, and New Year’s Day||December 23, 2021-January 5, 2022|
|School Resumes||January 6, 2022|
|School Closed: Legal Holiday-Martin Luther King Jr. Day||January 17, 2022|
|School Closed: In-service training day||February 18, 2022|
|School Closed: Spring Break||March 14-18, 2022|
|School Closed: Conference preparation day for teachers||April 15, 2022|
|School Closed: Legal Holiday-Memorial Day||May 30, 2022|
|Last day of 2020-21 academic year (open full day)||June 10, 2022|
SUMMER 2022: June 13 – August 19
|Summer Session: Must be enrolled for entire summer session to reserve a space for the 2021-22 academic year contract||June 13-August 19, 2022|
|School Closed: Legal Holiday-4th of July||July 4, 2022|
|Last Day of Summer||August 19, 2022|
SUMMER 2022: 4K PROGRAM
|Session 1: 4K Program (4 weeks)||June 13-July 8, 2022|
|School Closed: Legal Holiday-4th of July||July 4th, 2022|
|Session 2: 4K Program (3 weeks)||July 11-July 29, 2022|
|Session 3: 4K Program (3 weeks)||August 1-August 19, 2022|
|Last Day of Summer 2022||August 19, 2022|
Parent-Teacher Organization Group
The CDL Parent-Teacher Organization (PTO), is a group of CDL parent volunteers that meet to discuss parental involvement in various events and roles within the CDL. This includes:
- Serving as a forum for individuals to become more involved in the program
- Providing meaningful support to staff, children, and parents
- Planning and organizing several events (staff appreciation luncheon, guest talks, potlucks, etc.)
- Raising funds to support the activities and projects planned
- Giving input to the program on policies and procedures
All CDL parents are automatically part of the PTO, but involvement is voluntary. The PTO meets on the third Friday of every month from 8:30-9:30am. Please join us!
Who is eligible for 4K?
– Children who are 4 years of age on or before September 1, 2020. There is no process for early admittance into 4K.
– Families who reside in Madison.
– Families who reside outside of the MMSD whose home school district has a 4K program may apply for “Open Enrollment.”
What is 4K?
– Universal for all children in Madison and most surrounding districts who meet eligibility.
– Play-based, Inquiry curriculum that is:
— Age appropriate
— Individually appropriate
— Culturally appropriate
– Mixed-age groups
– Monthly 4K activity bags
What are the benefits of enrolling in 4K at the Child Development Lab?
– Nurturing, experienced, licensed early childhood teachers
– Small class sizes: maximum 1:10 adult/child ratio. MMSD school sites are budgeted at a 1:18 ratio.
– State Licensed, City of Madison Accredited, 5-Star rating with Young Star Quality Rating Scale in Wisconsin and Nationally Accredited through NECPA. Our program meets the highest standards of early care and education.
– Dynamic, innovative, setting that incorporates the teaching, research and outreach mission of UW-Madison and the School of Human Ecology.
– Our classrooms and playground are specifically designed for children aged 6 wks.-5 years old.
– Continuity of care and honoring attachments — children can remain in a familiar place with familiar teachers.
– Developmental portfolios are in addition to 4K progress reports that all 4K children receive.
What will the schedule be for 4K Instruction Hours?
– Monday-Friday AM: 9:00-11:30 Full day of enrichment is from 8:00-9 & 11:30-5:00.
What are the fees?
– 4K portion is free (M-F, 9-11:30 September to early June). CDL families pay tuition for full-day enrichment hours beyond 4K designated time.
– $40 Materials fee will be due at the beginning of August. Checks will be made out to MMSD.
Will transportation be provided?
– No, CDL is not a transportation site (MMSD is not able to bus children to and from our building).
Will 4K at the CDL follow the MMSD school calendar?
– We are required to provide 437 hours of “instructional time” for 4K. To do so, our school year will start and end similarly to the MMSD schools. Our school closing dates during the academic year may be different. Ie CDL winter break (2wks.)
– There will be no Monday early release (MMSD releases elementary schools early on Mondays and they do not have 4k classes on Mondays at any of their elementary school sites.)
What if we do not live in the Madison School District Attendance Area?
- If you are NOT a Madison resident, you will need to apply for Open Enrollment at the Dept. of Public Instruction website February 3-April 30.
4K Enrollment Procedure
- Register with CDL at our normal January registration time. Your contract packet is due back on January 31st.
- You will then register with Madison Metropolitan School District (MMSD) online with their Infinite Campus program. Go to MMSD’s website on or after February 24th, 2020 to begin this process. At the end of the on-line registration process, there will be 2 pages to print off.
– Verification of child’s birth date.
– Verification of parent identity.
– Verification of residence.
** Please print these off and bring them to CDL administration for verification. You will need to bring a picture ID, birth certificate, and proof of residency (utility bill, tax bill, copy of lease, etc.) Your child is not officially registered with MMSD until this process is complete and we send in the verification forms to MMSD.
- If you are NOT a Madison resident, you have one more step. You must also apply for Open Enrollment with the Department of Instruction (DPI). Go to DPI’s website between February 3-April 30. MMSD may notify families in April of their decision regarding open enrollment requests.
- There is a $40 materials fee that will be due for all 4K students. We will collect this fee at the beginning of August. Checks for this will be made out to MMSD, but will be turned into Mallory Hackel, at the CDL office. Sarah Yannet will send out a reminder to collect this 4K materials fee in August. MMSD will return this fee to the CDL to cover 4K materials.