2021|22 School Year
We are fully enrolled for 2021-22.
Any openings that come up throughout the year will be posted here and filled by families on our waitlist*.
2022|23 School Year
Step 1: Join the waitlist*.
Step 2: Open spots will be filled throughout the year as they become available.
Step 3: If offered a spot, you have 48 hours to reject or accept a spot and sign your contract.
Step 4: A deposit of 1st month of tuition and $50 contract fee are due at contract signing.
How to get on the CDL Waitlist
- Submit an application to our waitlist.
- After you submit your application, you will need to pay a $25 application fee/child. You may either mail a check or pay online.
– Check: Checks will need to be made out to UW Child Development Lab, and mailed to: SoHE Business Office (A27-7001), 2134 Nancy Nicholas Hall, 1300 Linden Drive, Madison, WI 53706.
– Online: Please wait 2 business days for the CDL to process your waitlist application. After your application is processed, you must finish creating your account and pay online through the MyProcare Portal. (Note: there will be a 2.75% service charge.)
Your application is not complete until we receive your application fee.
– Families that were previously enrolled at the CDL will need to email CDLenrollment@sohe.wisc.edu to get on the waitlist
– Families with a desired start date of January 2022 or later: please wait to apply until after 1/1/2022 to avoid paying a renewal fee. This will not impact your place on the waitlist, please see below for how we prioritize our waitlist.
– To remain on the waitlist, applications will need to be renewed in January, and a $10 renewal fee will be charged.
The mission of the CDL is to provide opportunities for research, teaching, and outreach, while ensuring high quality early care and education. We strive to support opportunities for researchers and students to learn from a diverse population of children and families. Our enrollment priorities aim to increase access to high quality childcare for UW students, faculty, and staff receiving childcare funding. The CDL will continue to adjust the enrollment priorities in order to increase diversity, equity, and access for all families.
Priority for enrollment will be based on the following criteria:
1. Currently enrolled children
2. Sibling of a currently enrolled child
3. Child of a Child Development Lab staff
4. UW students: 25% of total enrolled children at CDL need to be parents who qualify for funding
– Students who receive CCTAP &/or CCAMPIS will be given priority
– SoHE students will be given priority
5. Child of a School of Human Ecology employee
6. UW students or UW employees
7. Community families
* Any families receiving childcare tuition funding will get priority in their category.
** The CDL maintains the right to balance gender and/or age in each classroom.
2021|22 School Year
Full-Time: Fall 21 – 7:30am – 5:30pm | Mon. – Fri.
Spring 22 – 8:00am-5:30pm Mon. – Fri.
– Infant Rooms for children ages 6 weeks-23 months by 9/1: $480/week
– Toddler Rooms for children ages 2-3 years by 9/1: $355/week
– Preschool Room for children age 4 by 9/1: $329/week
2022|23 School Year
Full-Time: 7:30am – 5:30pm | Monday – Friday
– Infant Rooms for children ages 6 weeks-23 months by 9/1: $490/week
– Toddler Rooms for children ages 2 years by 9/1: $366/week
– Preschool Rooms for children ages 3-4 by 9/1: $339/week
(Children in the 4K room who are not enrolled in MMSD 4K will pay the toddler tuition rate)
– Child Care Tuition Assistance Program (CCTAP)
– Child Care Access Means Parents in School (CCAMPIS) Program
– Wisconsin Shares Child Care Subsidy Program
– City of Madison Child Care Assistance Program
During a tour, parents can explore our indoor and outdoor spaces. A wide variety of topics will be covered, including:
- Research, Teaching, and Outreach Missions – research projects, observation booths, research spaces
- Site information – Licensing, accreditation, tuition, staff, scheduling
- Classroom information – Ratios, routines, curriculum
- Access – Parking options, drop-off, pick-up
Our parent tours are by appointment only, and last 30 minutes to an hour. We suggest reviewing our Family Handbook prior to your tour.
Due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic we are currently only offering virtual tours. Please see our pre-recorded virtual tour video below. If you have further questions or wish to schedule a more individualized tour please email: firstname.lastname@example.org.