We are fully enrolled for 2021-22. Any openings that come up throughout the year will be filled by families on our waitlist. Please note: there is a $25 application fee/child. Checks will need to be made out to UW Child Development Lab, and mailed to: SoHE Business Office (A27-7001), 2134 Nancy Nicholas Hall, 1300 Linden Drive, Madison, WI 53706. We do not have an online payment option at this time.
*families that were previously enrolled at the CDL will need to email CDLenrollment@sohe.wisc.edu to get on the waitlist
*families with a desired start date of January 2022 or later: please wait to apply until after 1/1/2022 to avoid paying a renewal fee. This will not impact your place on the waitlist, please see below for how we prioritize our waitlist.
*To remain on the waitlist applications will need to be renewed in January, and a $10 renewal fee will be charged.
During a tour, parents can explore our indoor and outdoor spaces. A wide variety of topics will be covered, including:
- Research, Teaching, and Outreach Missions – research projects, observation booths, research spaces
- Site information – Licensing, accreditation, tuition, staff, scheduling
- Classroom information – Ratios, routines, curriculum
- Access – Parking options, drop-off, pick-up
Our parent tours are by appointment only, and last 30 minutes to an hour. We suggest reviewing our Family Handbook prior to your tour.
Scheduling a Tour
We are currently only offering virtual tours to families who are offered a spot due to COVID-19. Please email: CDLenrollment@sohe.wisc.edu to request a tour.
Step 1: Join the waitlist
Step 2: Open spots will be filled throughout the year as they are available
Step 3: If offered a spot, you have 48 hours to reject or accept and sign contract
Step 4: If you accept a spot, a deposit of 1st month of tuition and $50 contract fee are due at contract signing
The mission of the CDL is to provide opportunities for research, teaching, and outreach, while ensuring high quality early care and education. We strive to support opportunities for researchers and students to learn from a diverse population of children and families. Our enrollment priorities aim to increase access to high quality childcare for UW students, faculty, and staff receiving childcare funding. The CDL will continue to adjust the enrollment priorities in order to increase diversity, equity, and access for all families.
Priority for enrollment will be based on the following criteria:
- Currently enrolled children
- Sibling of a currently enrolled child
- Child of a Child Development Lab staff
- UW students: 25% of total enrolled children at CDL need to be parents who qualify for funding
- Students who receive CCTAP &/or CCAMPIS will be given priority
- SoHE students will be given priority
- Child of a School of Human Ecology employee
- For 21|22 school year only – CDL alumni children (due to COVID)
- UW students or UW employees
- Community families
*Any families receiving childcare tuition funding will get priority in their category
**The CDL maintains the right to balance gender and/or age in each classroom
FULL-TIME – 7:30am – 5:30pm | Monday – Friday
Infant Rooms for children ages 6 weeks-23 months by 9/1: $480/week
Toddler Rooms for children ages 2-3 years by 9/1: $355/week
Preschool Room for children age 4 by 9/1: $329/week
FULL-TIME – 8:00am – 5:00pm | Monday – Friday
Infant Rooms for children ages 6 weeks-23 months by 9/1: $475/week
Toddler Rooms for children ages 2 years by 9/1: $348/week
Preschool Rooms for children ages 3-4 by 9/1: $323/week